The Black Hills Rapids Soccer Club
The Black Hills Rapids Soccer Club is the united organization created through the merger of the Rapid City Youth Soccer League and the Rushmore Soccer Club. We are proud to be an affiliate partner with the Colorado Rapids through the Rapids adidas Alliance. As a non-profit organization, we strive to operate professionally under responsible fiscal policies and create a value for our players and their families.
An inclusive culture that benefits players, families and community while serving as a progressive model in youth sports.
Player development focused on individual excellence within a club environment.
- To provide quality coaching that engages, challenges and inspires young athletes, regardless of previous experience, to reach their highest level in the sport of soccer;
- To provide the best possible facilities where talented young soccer players can access programming that allows them to enjoy the sport, to mature and reach their full potential;
- To fulfill civic responsibility by actively participating in community partnerships and activities;
- To encourage and provide support allowing our athletes to achieve academic success;
- To provide a pathway open to all young soccer players who wish to participate, allowing them to reach their full potential through identification, education, and competition;
- To provide an environment where young soccer players build character through the development of important life skills such as time management, responsibility, resilience, sportsmanship, work ethic and teamwork;
- To provide an environment where open honest communication between staff, players and parents is encouraged;
- To provide a structure and environment where winning is important but player development is paramount within a team framework;
- To create a safe environment that contributes to the development of mentally and physically healthy individuals that have self-confidence and respect for themselves and for others,
- To provide our membership with a high level of customer service that ensures a quality experience;
- To create an environment that facilitates the growth of the sport of soccer and fosters a love of the game; and,
- To provide a professional organization that operates under responsible fiscal policies and creates a value to our members.
Our Board of Directors
- President: Kelly Thomas
- President-Elect: Open
- Treasurer: Eric Lee
- Marketing Director: Jeremy Daum
- Registration Coordinator: Darlene Smith
- Scheduler: Jackie Borr
- At-Large: Blaise Emerson
- At-Large: Cassandra Messmer
- At-Large: Toni Sabrowski